Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Republic Wireless - Competition Is A Wonderful Thing

Posted: 11/27/2013 Updated: 4/4/2015

More Than One Year Later

I am still very happy with my choice nearly 1.5 years ago. The phone is great and reliable. I have no complaints about the service from Republic Wireless. I would do it again anytime.

Trigger

Walter Mossberg of Wall Street Journal just reviewed the Moto X (1st generation) offered by Republic Wireless here. I was immediately intrigued and hooked.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today (11/27/2013), I purchased the Motorola Moto X for $299 signed up for a $25 per month plan. It will be delivered in one week or so.


Republic Wireless is actually backed up by Sprint’s cellular network. Data included is 5 GB per month.

Currently, I am paying about $80 per month on a plan (650 minutes) with Sprint with a 2 year old phone. This, really sucks!  I called Sprint this week whether I could buy the new exciting LG Nexus 5 at the same price as a new customer for $50, but they would not listen these fools!

Rip Off!

I think, the plans currently offered by the major wireless carriers are mostly ripoffs. They try to bilk the customer with $70 - $100 per month plans.

If I ask my friends in Germany what they pay for unlimited data my jaw drops with a loud bang.

No comments: