Tuesday, November 12, 2013

India's Leapfrog To Mars

Really Great News!


Last week we learnt that India is sending an unmanned research probe to Mars (see e.g. here)


Such Condescension Or Arrogance


It is incredible that a number of prominent people suggested that India was so poor it should not engage in such prestigious projects. It was said it is a waste of money in the face of widespread poverty.


The Indian People


They should be proud of such an accomplishment! This will certainly boost confidence of many people in India. It is a great display of can do attitude! I have no doubt that we will see more of India's prowess in science and technology in the near future!


I have had a several supervisors from India in my professional career. I was e.g. deeply impressed by their work ethic and problem solving capacity or even tenacity. I have read bits and pieces about Indian historical achievements in math and science. Thus, these news do not come as  a surprise to me.


Ultimately, the still large portion of poor people in India will benefit from this endeavor and will enjoy higher standards of living!


It is about time that India increases its challenges of the West! Humanity will greatly benefit! The race between India and China will something to watch.


Good Luck And Success!


I wish India best of luck and every success for this mission!

No comments: