Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Fedora 33 Annoyances

Update of 12/22/2020

I am really annoyed! Every week there is at least one critical OS update to be installed!

Main Post

I have recently upgraded from Fedora 32 to 33. However, I have experienced quite a bit of issues with this version. I have been using Fedora Linux now for several years and I always upgrade to the latest version when available.

The upgrade itself was not smooth as advertised. In the end, I had to do it manually using DNF commands. I presume, e.g. I had done one update to many using the Software app before the upgrade. Something conflicted with the upgrade. I don't remember the details anymore.

Since the latest upgrade, I had to a lot of software updates almost on a daily basis.

There were a few other, unexpected and unfamiliar issues. They were annoying, but not critical and I don't remember the details anymore.

Software App

I have never seen something like this before with earlier Fedora versions. Several times now, I have seen even different error messages when invoking this app.



No comments: