Saturday, July 26, 2014

In A Concert With Jeffrey Osborne

Posted: 7/26/2014

We are talking here about Jeffrey Osborne, the former lead singer of L.T.D. (Love, Togetherness, Devotion).

In the early 1980s or so, I attended the first and so far only live concert with this singer near my home town Frankfurt am Main (actually in Hoechst), Germany.

This concert was attended primarily by African-Americans. Many of them came as couples. Germans were few in attendance. Most Germans were the girl friends of African-Americans.

What I noticed was that the artist Jeffrey Osborne is so much better live than on recorded media. His improvisations throughout the concert were incredible. The ladies in the house were longing and were seduced by the voice and words. Their male partners had to embrace them strongly. What a sight!

My late father told me that he had attended after concert jam sessions with jazz musicians like Satchmo (Louis Armstrong) in Frankfurt night clubs. Usually, these jam sessions were free to attend and he told me the improvisations by these jazz musicians were spectacular.

No comments: