Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Without God By Dostojeyski

Posted: 4/14/15

A quote from Brothers Karamazov written by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1821 - 1881), published in 1880:
"That I am sorry to lose God? … And Rakitin does dislike God. Ough! doesn't he dislike Him! That's the sore point with all of them. But they conceal it. They tell lies. They pretend. 'Will you preach this in your reviews?' I asked him. 'Oh, well, if I did it openly, they won't let it through, 'he said. He laughed. 'But what will become of men then?' I asked him, 'without God and immortal life? All things are lawful then, they can do what they like?' 'Didn't you know?' he said laughing, 'a clever man can do what he likes,' he said. 'A clever man knows his way about
(emphasis added; source)

I should be giving credits here, but I forgot from where I got the inspiration for this blog post. Mea culpa!

No comments: