Monday, September 30, 2013

You Can Keep Your Heatlh Insurance Lie

Is It Impeachable?


I mean the obvious lie by President Obama. I am afraid it is not impeachable. Hope the current President will go down in history as one of the biggest liars there ever was.


My Health Care Insurance


For quite some time I have been covered by private individual health insurance with a high deductible. I am happy with my plan, although the deductible is stiff to say the least, but at under $180 per month at my age, I cannot complain too much, I guess.

My insurer is a well known national partially non-profit health insurance organization with a history going back more than 70 years.


A Letter From My Insurer


Today (9/30/2013), I received a letter from my insurer telling me that my current “plan is a non-grandfathered plan, … This plan will no longer be available starting on Jan. 1, 2015. You can keep your current plan through Dec. 31, 2014” (emphasis original).


A footnote in same letter advises me “THIS LETTER SERVES AS YOUR NOTICE OF PLAN DISCONTINUANCE REQUIRED BY A.R.S. § 20-1380(C)(2)”. A.R.S = Arizona Revised Statutes.

No comments: