Thursday, March 28, 2024

SQLite and SQLite Browser annoyances

I have recently started to use SQLite and its Browser almost on a  daily basis! Generally speaking they work very fine. In hindsight, I was a bit premature when I wrote here about my first impressions working with SQLite and SQLite Browser.

Incident of 3/28/2024

I was in the middle of composing a select statement with a where clause not exists etc. when the browser abruptly exited upon executing the select statement. It was not a very fancy or complex statement as I am not an expert SQL developer. I hope, the automatic reporting feature worked and this will be fixed soon.

Worst of all, my project file was completely deleted and existed only with 0 bytes. All lost!

I venture to guess, because I had just renamed one of the two tables involved in the select statement may have caused the program to abort.


No comments: