Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Beware Of Twitter Research!

All About Brevity

Too keep this blog post very short I will not quote any sources here! Or may I say I try to compete here with 144 characters of a single Tweet.

Lots Of Research In Recent Times

In the recent past I have come about so many articles touting the results of research gained from all kinds of analyzing Twitter messages. I am very skeptical that much of this research is of much value. It may help to make a name and to survive publish or perish. It may impress some people.

This research in many cases can be taken with a large rock of salt!

Potential For Enormous Selection Bias

This might be too much inductive reasoning, but I believe I am not alone. I don’t use Twitter at all! Period! Full Stop! What is the point?

Is Twitter not also a medium for celebrities or wannabes of all kinds and stripes to share whatever?

How Much Longer Will Twitter Be Around?

Not long enough! Voice recognition and response is coming and much more …

No comments: