Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Thought Travels Far

Zeebrugge In Belgium

My Wife and I were recently having dinner at a chain restaurant in our neighborhood here in Phoenix, Arizona. We had never dinner at this place before. During our dinner I noticed old posters decorating the walls of the restaurant.

One poster in particular caught my attention. It was a 1920s advertisement for the beach resort Zeebrugge in Belgium. I was thinking to myself why on earth would be such non spectacular poster of a Belgium see resort being shown in an American chain restaurant. If I am not mistaken, Zeebrugge is not even famous as a beach resort.

Nieuwpoort In Belgium

A day after my birthday, an old friend in Germany called me on the phone to congratulate me and told me that he and his wife just came back from a two day trip to Brussels and Nieuwpoort. My friend had never told or mentioned to me before about their trip. I believe this was also their first or may be second trip ever to Belgium. It so happens that Nieuwpoort is located almost on the coast of Belgium.

A Meeting Of The Minds Thousands Of Miles Apart

What a coincidence! My friend and I were separated by thousands of miles across the Atlantic Ocean, but we both met at Belgium see resorts.

No comments: