Next time I step out of our home in the Phoenix metro area, I will be in a national park if this goes on! Just kidding!
When are there too many national parks!
I think the power of US presidents based on the Antiquities Act of 1906 to create new national monuments needs to be restricted! Too much temptation to abuse it to go down in history (latest example the senile, demented 46th President, he declared 10 new sites).
"Congress passed the Chiricahua National Park Act, sending President Trump a bill that would make the southeastern Arizona monument the state’s fourth national park.
The 12,000-acre preserve sits 36 miles southeast of Willcox, where a volcanic eruption 27 million years ago left the rock spires visitors come to see. The land has carried federal protection since 1924; park status mainly means a new name and more tourists."
No comments:
Post a Comment