Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Wikipedia Blacklists Liberty

Posted: 2/27/2019  Updated: 2/28/2019

Update Of 2/28/2019

I also contacted The Library of Economics and Liberty by e-mail and they confirmed that they have been blacklisted for some time. They have made efforts to correct this, but Wikipedia refuses to cease blacklisting them. I was also told that even individuals affiliated with the Library are blacklisted by Wikipedia.  

Original Post

I could not believe my eyes, I was truly shocked just a moment ago when I discovered that Wikipedia puts a certain, well known website of classical liberty minded publications on a blacklist!

This is the article that I was just reviewing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_definition_of_economics. See the first listed reference for this article.

I captured the blacklisting here:


The blacklisted website, i.e. econlib.org, is the well established, respected, and highly regarded The Library of Economics and Liberty. It is a website, where one can read e.g. major and minor works of economics and philosophy. Before the Internet, while The Library was a book publisher, one could buy reprinted first editions of many books that were hard to find or where out of print.

No comments: