Sunday, January 26, 2014

What Is Wrong With Democracy?

The Wicked And The Authoritarians Took Over


Over time power hungry and meddling authoritarians have usurped and expanded government power.


Or are our elected representatives really a representative reflection of our society?


Individual Liberty Is Inconsolably Suffering


Democracy is the road to serfdom and the slow decline of individual liberty and responsibility.


Well Known For A Long Time


This has been well described in the past by Anti Federalists, Alexis de Tocqueville, or Friedrich Hayek and, I am sure, others.


Time For Reform


I have previously suggested to implement SMALL and limited government here, here, here, and here.


Why do we not elect our representatives by random choice? I blogged about this option here and here.

What, I believe, I have not said earlier, is to expand e.g. the U.S. Congress to increase the number of members than currently. I believe, the e.g. Anti Federalists were already arguing that there were too few representatives per capita.

No comments: