Monday, June 10, 2013

In My Next Life I Want To Be A Disabled Person

Posted: 6/10/2013 Updated: 1/10/2016


Update Of 1/10/2016


On 9/26/2013, the wall street journal published an opinion piece by Bob Greene It's a Small-Minded World, Disney Learns Because parents scammed the theme parks, now disabled children will lose out. In this article the author describes how parents scammed the theme parks honor system by faking their children were disabled.


A Satire Of Sorts


If it can be had with little or no pain and as little a disability as possible, why not some may say!


The Benefits Are Tempting


I get the best parking almost anywhere. I get to sue businesses, if they do not accommodate or discriminate. I am entitled to disability insurance and Medicaid paid by tax payers. I get discounted tickets or reserved seating using public transportation. Discounted services of various kinds and so on.


By law, I would enjoy a special status.


It Only Gets Better With Time

Politicians are looking out for me. Over time they sure increase the benefits for me and lower the standards for being qualified as a disabled person. They count on my vote.

No comments: