Wednesday, September 21, 2016

SoftMaker FreeOffice Annoyances

Posted: 9/21/2016 Updated: 9/25/2016

Update Of 9/25/2016

As of yesterday, I have received a product key from a staff (i.e. Martin Kutolla) of SoftMaker via Skype. As you can see from his comments below, he worked diligently and persistently to find a way to get  a product key to me. Thank you very much for all your efforts, Martin!

However, this episode is still perplexing to say the least. I had not mentioned in my original post that I had received three Advertisement e-mails (Subject line: “SoftMaker Office, easily cut out images”) from Softmaker in quick succession right after I downloaded their software, but their product key e-mails did not come through? Hmm! I also forgot to mention that none of their product key e-mails ended up in my spam folder.

Original Post

Last weekend, I downloaded SoftMaker FreeOffice three times and every time I provided my contact information so I would be able to receive the necessary product key. However, I never received a product key. I then followed up with two separate e-mails each time sent to two different public e-mail addresses listed on SoftMaker’s website, but no response at all.

This really stinks! What a lousy software and company!

What do you need a product key for a free software anyway? This makes absolutely no sense! It is absurd.

No comments: