Thursday, May 29, 2014

Live The Golden Rule

Posted: 5/29/2014  Updated: 10/12/2017, 6/11/2014

Update Of 10/12/2017

Never bothered to figure out who is behind these Arizona license plates. Ignorance is bliss until you find out and I just did.

It is the Arizona Interfaith Movement that in November 2007 initiated this Arizona license plate with the motto “Live the Golden Rule”. This movement found that the Golden Rule is central to all major religions or faith. I think, it must be one of God’s eternal principles governing all live in the universe. The beauty of this Rule is awe inspiring!

Update Of 10/12/2017

In the meantime (as of 6/11/2014) I have seen now three cars with such a license plate in the Phoenix, AZ area. Here is a picture of the last one I have seen.

live_the_golden_rule2_edited.jpg


Original Post

This Memorial Day weekend (5/26/2014) I happened to be behind this car at a traffic light stop. As usual, when I have nothing better to do, I glanced at the licence plate to see whether I could make any sense of it. To my great surprise it said at the bottom “Live The Golden Rule”.

golden_rule.jpg

To paraphrase James Madison: If there were more humans living daily by the nearly universal Golden Rule, we would not need any government and the world would be a much better place.

No comments: