Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Google Apps Script annoyances

Yesterday, I was inundated all of a sudden and unexpectedly with a series of following error messages:

Error MessageCount
We're sorry, a server error occurred while reading from storage. Error code NOT_FOUND.12

This error message is as helpful as it can be! (Caution: irony)
I was running some scripts that have worked nicely for some time when this occurred.

Presumably, I had renamed a library or because some linked libraries were in development mode triggered these error messages. Renaming a library file should not affect such errors as Google Apps Script uses a unique identifier. 

Not only that, the last time I had renamed or linked such a library was several weeks ago and I have used the scripts several times since then without a glitch. Thus, it appears that Google does something that delays more timely errors.

No comments: