Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Flu and Pneumonia Vaccines Linked to Reduced Risk of Alzheimer's

Good news! Every September since about 2003, I get my flu shot! It may also help against Covid-19!



"People who had gotten at least one flu shot after age 60 were 17 percent less likely to receive a subsequent diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, and those who got a flu shot each year saw their risk drop by a further 13 percent. The sooner after 60 that someone received a flu shot, the stronger the benefit."

Well, I started my regular flew shots in my early 50s!



Flu and Pneumonia Vaccines Linked to Reduced Risk of Alzheimer's | The Scientist Magazine® The authors propose that the shots might keep the immune system primed to battle diseases that would otherwise contribute to cognitive decline.

No comments: