Friday, August 03, 2012

More And Better Customer Service At Retail Chains

Free Market Forces Make It Happen

Thanks to intense competition from Internet retailers and thanks to the Great Recession some retail chains have rediscovered that friendly customer service can make a difference and sets you apart from your competitors.

Who would have thought that big box stores could offer a somewhat similar shopping experience as the proverbial mom and pop store.

Some Personal Experiences

I personally observed whenever I visit a Walgreens store near my work I am friendly greeted as soon as I enter. If I am wandering the aisles in search of something, a friendly store employee is immediately attending to me with help.

Similarly, during a recent visit to the men's clothing department at a Macy's store a friendly store employee helped me extensively to select some new clothing.

Big box store chains like Best Buy or Home Depot are offering more services besides selling products.

No comments: