Sunday, July 22, 2018

Women Who Dared Succeeded In History

Posted: 7/22/2018

Prologue

This blog post is more of a draft or brief summary. I hope to add the names of many such women as time goes by or will add posts on some of these women here on my blog.

Trigger

Just watched on YouTube an excellent BBC documentary on queen Elizabeth I. A four part series hosted by David Starkey, who wrote a book on Elizabeth I (watch part I here). This story reminded me that many women played a very significant role in human history unlike e.g. feminists have been wanting us to believe for almost a century.

Historical Perspective

History is actually full of women who became very successful or who were very influential in their time and beyond. Anyone who cares will find the stories of these women in all epochs, in many fields of human activity, most geographical regions, and basically all cultures on this planet.

In many cases, contemporary men were extremely cognizant and supportive of those women who dared, were talented, and were competent.

No comments: