Sunday, May 31, 2020

Ridiculous Google Cloud Platform Billing Practices

Recently, I received a billing notification in my email from Google Cloud Platform! Well, I thought I was only using Google free stuff except for Google Drive, which I pay once every year and this billing appears to have nothing to do with Google Drive.

Here is the pertinent content of the email:
Great! There is:
  1. No link to view an invoice to review the services you used during the last billing period
  2. When you go online to find such an invoice, you can't find it
  3. There is no easy way to contact Google about billing issues
  4. The "Contact Us" is anything but straightforward. At best you can find a chat and try that 
  5. In the 21st century, Google offers you 1-888 phone number. So I called this number. What followed was so ridiculous that I had to insist to speak to a supervisor  

No comments: