Sunday, June 20, 2021

The show trial of police officer Derek Chauvin

I am not sure this police officer has the best legal representation possible! I highly doubt it! If I were in his shoes I would fire my attorney and seek a better one!

I previously blogged here, here, here, here about this show trial! Just the fact that the family of the deceased received $27 million in pretrial settlement from the city or that the demented 46th President invited the family of the deceased to the White House after the jury was sequestered were both incredibly prejudicial! The 46th President should perhaps be impeached for that actually! The apparently feeble judge in this case could have dismissed the case for these two reasons and other reasons as a mistrial!

What we have witnessed is a form of modern video incited near mob lynching aided by prosecutors and courts! If I were a police officer, I would think hard what I do next time when I have to carry out my job! As a young person would I think twice choosing a professional career as a police officer.

There is little doubt in my mind that the members of the jury were under tremendous and totally unacceptable duress to come up with a verdict! Unfortunately, there was a serious lack of courage among the members of the jury!

I bet, the Founding Fathers and Mothers in heaven were following this show trial in horror and disgust! A republic, if you can keep it! With show trials like this ... This show trial ought to go down in U.S. history as a very dark moment. Future generations are advised to learn from what not to do! Such show trials you would expect to happen in totalitarian dictatorships or a tyranny but not in the United States!

"Prosecutors are seeking a 30-year sentence for the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, while Chauvin's attorney, who has been pushing for a retrial, has asked for less than 15 years [what!!!!] or probation. The sentencing is scheduled for Friday [6/25/2021]." (Source)

"... The trial was held at the Hennepin County Government Center in Minneapolis, and it ran from March 8, 2021, through April 20. It was the first criminal trial in Minnesota to be entirely televised and the first in state court to be broadcast live. ..."

Trial of Derek Chauvin - Wikipedia

No comments: