Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Samsung S10 Annoyances

Posted: 12/25/2019 Updated: 12/26/2019

In late July of 2019, I bought the Samsung S10. Before that, I have used a Samsung S7 for about three years.

List of annoyances:

  1. The transfer of apps, configurations etc. from my S7 to S10 was not smooth nor complete. E.g. my hotspot setting was very restrictive (only allowed devices can use it). However, on my S10 anybody could latch on to my hotspot despite transfer without any notice. It took a while before I discovered this omission.
  2. The shutter of the camera is very slow. Compared with my S7, I have never had so many blurred pictures. How many seconds or fractions thereof you have to wait before you can shoot the next picture? A friend of mine confirmed this annoyance as well. Recently, I was helping a family to have a picture taken in front of a Christmas tree. This family also confirmed that the shutter was too slow.
  3. The slider on the right hand side of the display is very hard to read. So when I am reading a long email or webpage it is not easy to figure out where in the email or webpage you are or how much longer it is
  4. Bixby is much too intrusive and the button on the left hand side below the two volume buttons is a serious design flaw. I use Google and I don’t need Bixby!
  5. The speaker phone functionality is inconsistent. It constantly switches between two different sounding modes depending on how you hold the phone.

No comments: