Monday, June 24, 2024

PyCharm Community Edition annoyances with respect to Python

I recently started to use PyCharm instead of Visual Studio Code for my Python programming.

This CE of PyCharm has its shortcomings!

My project consists of two main sub folders and each mein sub folder has sub folders as well.

Here are my annoyances (will be amended as needed):

  1. I noticed that if I use the same file names (.py) across sub folders (even in different branches of folders), PyCharm would raise a module not found error. Only after I renamed the file it worked again.
  2. Frequently, I have to restart PyCharm because it hangs/freezes and become unresponsive. Maybe that is why the main menu has an option "Repair IDE"?
  3. Every time I execute code, I get the same error message "TERM environment variable not set." without any hint what to do about it. This particular error seems to be negligible as the code executes otherwise fine.


No comments: