Thursday, June 27, 2019

English for Trippers: Boris Johnson Socks or sucks

Posted: 6/27/2019 

Best joke of the day! A post by Professor Michael Scott (a classicist) on Facebook today pointed out that Boris Johnson was seen wearing certain socks alluding to famous King Ashurbanipal of Assyria. There is actually a current exhibit about this king at the British Museum in London.

Boris Johnson, the next Ashurbanipal of the UK, conquering Europe by Brexit! That would be something! Stay tuned!

P.S. Please do not interpret my title of my blog post as a pun of words or some kind of word play. By all means, I really did not mean to say that Boris Johnson sucks. That would be so mean of me! (English for trippers). In my opinion, perhaps Boris Johnson will turn out to be a capable leader, something the UK so urgently needs in these trying times.

Sources (S):

No comments: