Saturday, August 24, 2013

Rosa Parks: Was It Planned And Staged?

A Seamstress Who Was Too Tired?

I have to admit I do not know her story and what followed in great detail. I was not raised in the USA. However, I find it quite peculiar that she is portrayed officially, publicly, by politicians and in the media as a simple, humble seamstress, who just was too tired after work to get up from her seat on that fateful day (e.g. Michael Moore’s letter at www.michaelmoore.com).

Affiliated With The NAACP

Following her death, I hear and read bits and pieces dispersed over different sources that contradict this neat picture. Is it true that she worked or was associated with the NAACP or similarly organizations long before she got on the bus? Is it true that she was trained or had attended civil rights education before that day? Is it true that the white man sitting behind her on a famous photography was actually identified as a newspaper reporter? Is it true that she was accompanied by a photographer?

Truth Over Hagiography

Of course, I do not mean at all to diminish her achievement or the struggle for civil rights. I have great respect for that, but I do mind not to mention that her action was possibly well planned and staged. Truth and honesty not fantasy or romanticism tend to further the human cause! Or what is wrong with the truth in this case? What is actually the ulterior motive behind that neat story?

Post Script


This blog is a repost.

No comments: