Monday, August 22, 2016

The Current Version Of The Google Translate App Sucks

Posted: 8/22/2016

I have been using the Google Translate app for years now (as a bilingual person with some additional language skills in at least one other language, I frequently look up things in those languages), but for the past several months I noticed that the latest version is quite inferior to older ones.

In particular, you are offered only one word as translation, while it used to be several in the past. The translation rating feature was eliminated. Google has dumbed down this app to a point where it becomes useless.

Recently, I looked up the French word gais (the context was a prominent classical music piece with a French title, which I do not recall anymore), well Google Translate returned homosexual. How stupid is that?

No comments: